Employment in itself is not a guarantee of employee engagement or commitment. High performance organizations attain a sustainable competitive advantage by winning the loyalty of their customers through the active engagement of their employees.
- Understanding the key drivers of engagement is the critical first step in aligning the interests of the employee with the business objectives of the organization as a whole.
- The level of discretionary effort that individuals are prepared to give to the organization and its customers ultimately distinguishes the satisfied employee from the engaged employee and the underperforming organization from the high performance organization.
Harris Interactive Employee Research helps clients address such pertinent issues as:
- Achieving competitive advantages in a cost cutting environment
- Loss of top talent during times of rising unemployment and an uncertain job market
- Lack of engagement amongst leadership
- Diminished team performance
- Increased customer churn
- Lower levels of compliance
- Increased risk of internal or external exposure to negative communications about the company
- Inability to attract fresh talent due to poor employer brand
- Inability to embed change in values or behaviors necessary for successful execution of strategy