Harris Interactive’s Market Structure solution helps you better position new and existing products by providing a strategic map of your market, depicting how brands, products, occasions, and needs fit together to shape opportunities for innovation. Our solution answers such questions as:
- How do brand perceptions and customer needs interact to shape brand footprints in a market and where you may find new whitespace opportunities?
- Which products in your category are used by individuals across a wide array of occasions and which are only used in specific situations?
- Which products are viewed as close substitutes for each other based on comparable uses?
- Are there gaps in the market that are not being met by existing products?
- How large are the opportunities associated with specific situations?
Our analyses are based on an engaging survey process in which individuals are asked to provide focused information about both the situations where they use brands, products or services and the specific products they use in those situations. Our solutions thus go beyond simple aggregate measures of total market size to provide a more focused opportunity assessment.
- Which occasion and need states dominate the market?
- Which occasion and need states best fit your brand or products today? Where can you most easily extend your brand or product reach?
- Which individuals represent the greatest short- and long-term opportunities for you?
- What role does brand play in helping to structure the market and how do your products and those of key competitors fit into this structure?