Harris Interactive’s approach to segmentation delivers deep understanding and insight you can use to manage your business more effectively. Our research is rooted in three core principles:
- The purpose of segmentation is to help you obtain a sustainable competitive advantage by identifying segments you can serve better and more efficiently than your competitors.
- Effective segmentation research integrates tested research processes with substantive industry knowledge and analytic prowess to produce results that:
- Meet your internal needs and are accepted by your stakeholders
- Are based on fundamental market behaviors that are meaningful and useable
- Differentiate segments based on their value to your business
- Segmentation research should be predictive. Segments should differ on core business metrics and the segments themselves should be based on variables that drive differences in these metrics.
All of our studies are led by members of our industry research teams - assuring that we are always thinking about how we’ll use the results to enhance your competitive position. By focusing on the substance of your market and your business, we avoid the temptation to emphasize one aspect of customer behavior, such as values, at the expense of others, such as business needs, that may be equally or even more important.
Our team of Marketing Scientists works closely with you and our industry experts to assure that our analysis is methodologically sound and as simple as possible. We can and do create complex segmentation models for clients when the data and our client’s business problem require it. But we don’t hesitate to use powerful easily understood scales or classifications when they best meet our client needs. Our goal is to create a strategic tool that all your internal stakeholders can use, understand, and explain.