Harris Interactive has been working with organisations for over 20 years using our tried and tested employee survey structure to help them realise the full potential of their employees and drive significant business performance improvements.
Our extensive experience, common sense approach, easy to understand analysis and reporting helps you to identify the key factors needed to maximise the engagement and performance of your employees, right down to a local team level. Our team of experts provide clear insight and actions which help you target your people strategy and effort to get the biggest improvements where they are needed most, making best use of the resources you have.
Our employee survey approach is built around measuring, and comparing your performance via benchmarking, across a number of key success indicators common to high performing organisations:
- Employee trust and commitment in the Leaders of the organisation
- Having the correct people managers who are fully equipped and supported in effective people management; (just because a person is the best performer in their job, it doesn’t necessarily mean if they get promoted they will be the best people manager)
- Communication across the organisation is clear, transparent, timely, relevant and a two-way process
- Change is managed effectively. Given the increasing pace of change, ensure that change is fully thought out, planned, managed and communicated. Strive to involve and consult employees as much as possible, where possible
- Employees feel valued and appreciated, and there is a great sense of accomplishment
- Continually invest in the development of employees. Development may not just mean traditional career progression, which becomes much harder in flatter structures and smaller teams. There may need to be more emphasis on coaching, mentoring, secondment, e-learning, cross-skilling etc, to make employees feel like they are constantly moving forward, avoiding them feeling stuck in a plateau
- Facilitate a culture where everyone is a decision maker in their own right. Employees feel empowered, trusted and respected
- A culture driven towards delighting both the internal and external customer
- Make sure that the systems, processes and tools enable employees give their best. It is next to useless having engaged employees if their productivity, passion and drive are stifled by inefficient systems, processes and tools to do the job.
Harris interactive will work with you to ensure that the correct areas are being measured for your organisation; that the results are clear, concise and disseminated in a way to allow all levels to understand what they mean; and that action is prioritised and targeted most effectively. Our high level insight will give you the answers on what makes an engaged individual work harder in your organisation, why engaged employees feel the way they do, and more importantly, how we can get more people feeling, behaving and performing in the same way.